Friday, August 3, 2012

Tutorial:DIY Crayons Cupcake Holder


One of my favorite parts about getting ready for a party, is brainstorming ways to come up with simple DIY projects like this crayon cupcake holder. It was an easy, fast and affordable way to make our cute book worm cupcakes toppers from Lynlee's Petite Cakes stand out!
 They look so adorable and it was the perfect addition to our  BACK TO SCHOOL party!  
The best part is that you probably  have all the materials around your home needed for this project! Yeah!
View and download the full FREE back to school printable HERE.
Material
paper towel roll 
crayons
ribbons
scissors
rubberband
glue gun


 Directions:
Cut the toilet paper roll the same high as the crayons. I added a red ribbon to the top of the roll before adding the crayons to cover the top of the roll. I was going to hot glue the crayons but I opted to have all the crayons secured by a rubber band and added a self stick scrapbook ribbon on top of the rubber band. You can also glue all the crayons to the roll and simply glue a ribbon of your choice. The self stick ribbon really kept the crayons together and the best part was that after the party, I simply took the ribbon and the rubber band off and now we have extra crayons for another Back to school project!


Happy Back to School!
xo,
Cris

4 comments:

  1. This would have been perfect for my daughter's art party today. Too bad I didn't see it a week or two sooner! Next time. I’d love for you to link up this (and any other ideas you’d like to share) at "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea .I believe there are thousands of people who will find it useful.
    I m definitely going to tell all my friends about your art.

    Do Visit My Blog on Art And Craft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing how you made these adorable cupcake holders! I saw your post over at CSI Back to School Project week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your thoughts!